Our name stems from two Irish words: “Glan,” meaning pure, and “Bia,” meaning food. It describes what we make, but it also has a deeper meaning. It speaks to our responsibility to conserve natural resources and to contribute to the prosperity of the communities we call home.
Successful and responsible go hand-in-hand.
We’re guided in meeting those responsibilities by the concept of “Showing Respect,” one of our five Core Values. At its heart is an understanding that everything we offer, and all of our future growth, is founded on natural resources that we’ve been entrusted with, and that we’re responsible for nurturing and protecting. We show our respect for that trust by finding new ways to reduce our environmental impact, improve our safety performance, and develop and reward our employees.
Our success in these endeavors is based on our capacity to innovate, our strong partnerships with customers and suppliers, and our engaged and talented employees. Together we’re committed to making sustainability a key lever in making Glanbia Nutritionals one of the world’s top performing nutritional solution companies. We promise to continue improving our ability to provide safe and nutritious ingredients, in environmentally, economically and socially sustainable ways, so we can deliver better nutrition for every step of life’s journey.
Our Sustainability Strategy:
- Commit to the highest standards of food safety and quality—the reputation of our customers and the health of our consumers is sacrosanct.
- Innovate new ways to deliver better nutrition throughout consumers’ lives.
- Provide a respectful, safe and rewarding workplace for employees.
- Partner with the most efficient suppliers to lower our life-cycle environmental footprint.
- Work to sustain the economic vitality of the stakeholders in our value chain.
- Endeavor to be a good neighbor and enhance the communities in which we operate.
- Be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
We focus on environmental metrics that are most critical to our stakeholders and communities:
- Reduce Carbon: Less Electricity, Less Natural Gas & More Biogas, Lower Carbon Footprint
- Improve Water Performance: Less Water, Less Wastewater, Lower Wastewater Chemical Concentrations
- Reduce & Recycle: Less Waste and More Recycling, Lower Chemical Use
- Comply & Assure: Regulatory Compliance, Air Emissions Compliance, Low Hazardous Waste
- Reduce Transportation Impact: Improved Truck Fleet Fuel Efficiency