Lactoferrin and vitamin B12 rich whey protein concentrate optimized to support active women
Emerging evidence underscores the importance of a nutritional strategy for active females throughout their lifecycle – puberty, pregnancy and menopause.1 The sports nutrition market lacks focus in this area with only 0.6% of global sports nutrition product launches targeting women.2 FerriUp is a whey protein concentrate that naturally contains abundant levels of lactoferrin, vitamin B12 and 80% protein, providing a strong nutrient foundation that supports iron modulation, energy levels and immune health for active women.
- Women’s iron needs tend to be greater because they lose iron through menstruation.
- Lactoferrin supports the utilization and balance of iron in the body.3
- Active women who engage in strenuous athletic activities face the potential of low energy from iron deficiency.4
- Lactoferrin has been shown to help retain higher levels of red blood cells in active females, indicating that higher iron levels remain.5
- FerriUp is a good source of whey protein, containing over 80% protein per dose.
- Consuming whey protein after exercise may help speed the rebuilding of muscle by increasing muscle synthesis.6,7
- Consuming whey protein during or after exercise may help reduce muscle soreness and may improve muscle function and/or performance in the next workout.8,9,10
- Studies show that active women have demonstrated a marked increase in successful muscle protein synthesis when they consume protein-rich foods after exercise.11
- Protein supplementation helps maintain lean muscle mass and can support bone strength and health.11
- Vitamin B12 must be obtained from dietary sources as the body cannot synthesize it.12
- Vitamin B12 is involved in red blood cell formation and maintenance of proper immune function which is critical for optimal athletic performance.12
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of balance, which may lead to a decrease of athletic performance.13
Applications ideal for FerriUp
- No clumping or floating powder
- Rapid dispersibility
- No sedimentation
- Cold water dispersible