Emerging evidence underscores the importance of a nutritional strategy for active females throughout their lifecycle – puberty, pregnancy and menopause.1 The sports nutrition market lacks focus in this area with only 1% of sports nutrition product launches in Asia targeting women.2 Additionally, when looking at nutritional supplement drinks and healthcare launches only 6.6% are targeting women with a high protein claim, 7.0% with a vitamin and mineral claim, and 4.1% with a immunity claim.3
FerriUp is a whey protein concentrate that naturally contains abundant levels of lactoferrin, vitamin B12 and 80% protein, providing a strong nutrient foundation that supports iron modulation, energy levels and immune health for the active women.
FerriUp Supports Women in Many Ways
- Women’s iron needs tend to be greater because they lose iron through menstruation.
- Lactoferrin supports the utilization and balance of iron in the body.4
- Active women who engage in strenuous athletic activities face the potential of low energy from iron deficiency.5
- Lactoferrin has been shown to help retain higher levels of red blood cells in active females.6
- FerriUp is a good source of whey protein, containing over 80% protein per dose.
- Consuming whey protein after exercise may help speed the rebuilding of muscle by increasing muscle synthesis.7,8
- Consuming whey protein during or after exercise may help reduce muscle soreness and may improve muscle function and/or performance in the next workout.9,10,11
- Studies show that active women have demonstrated a marked increase in successful muscle protein synthesis when they consume protein-rich foods after exercise.12
- Protein supplementation helps maintain lean muscle mass and can support bone strength and health.12
- Vitamin B12 must be obtained from dietary sources as the body cannot synthesize it.13
- Vitamin B12 is involved in red blood cell formation and maintenance of proper immune function which is critical for optimal athletic performance.13
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of balance, which may lead to a decrease of athletic performance.14
Applications Ideal for FerriUp
- No clumping or floating powder
- Rapid dispersibility
- No sedimentation
- Cold water dispersible