Seasonal flavors not only offer comfort but can also give consumers a reason to buy new products, especially when there’s a twist to the experience. In fact, Mintel latest Flavor Report 2018 encourages new product developers to be inspired by spice blends from different cuisines from regions such as Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
“Don’t be afraid to try new flavors in any season. We see companies like Coca-Cola report consumers are 30% more likely to try a category when there’s a new flavor being introduced."
Jenelle Ludwig Krause, Senior Product Manager Flavors at Glanbia Nutritionals.
With this information in mind, we challenged our Glanbia Nutritionals Flavor team to share some flavors with an international flair that can breathe warmth into the winter months. Enjoy!
8 Winter Holiday Flavor Ideas:
- Salted Caramel and Toffee have long been holiday flavor staples so, to mix it up, try the cousin flavor from Mexico: Dulce de Leche.
- Add in natural heat from Peppers or Ginger for just the right amount of warming sensations.
- Love the flavor of hot chocolate? How about a nutty twist by adding almond pecan, walnut, or roasted chestnut flavors to your next beverage.
- Be inspired by the sweet candy cane and add a refreshing hint of Wintergreen or Spearmint.
- Give Mint a boost of novelty with a pop of Citrus: Blood Orange or Bergamot coming from the warm climates of Italy, South America and parts of Africa. Or try Yuzu from China, Japan, and Korea.
- The flavor of Gingerbread is beloved so consider pulling the spices apart and concentrating on one or two in the Gingerbread blend: ginger, clove, cardamom, or nutmeg.
- Pumpkin Spice is great but why not Pumpkin Chai with emphasis on cinnamon and cardamon.
- Cranberry combined with Citrus, Blood Orange, or flavors such as Ginger. Add excitement with rosemary.
Glanbia’s team of flavor experts can customize flavors to fit your consumer preferences and create the perfect taste for each season. Reach out to us today to see what’s possible.