Ten ways a premix will save you money compared to the alternative, which is buying individual nutrients:
- Reduces freight costs on individual ingredients.
- Reduces inventory / warehousing.
- Eliminates costly scaling errors.
- Reduces waste.
- Reduces labor costs.
- Reduces Quality Control costs.
- Reduces the need for outside assays.
- Reduces the number of purchase orders processed.
- Simplifies the complex product development process.
- Delivers optimum nutrient value.
To create a homogenous blend, parameters like particle-size distribution and stability must be taken into account without introducing variables that could compromise the taste, texture, or appearance of the end-product. Mitigating these variables is done through technologies ranging from microencapsulation, micronization, trituration and granulation. Microencapsulation can be utilized to mask strong, undesirable flavors of certain additives, for instance. Micronization or agglomeration can be used to decrease or increase particle size. These capabilities allow the manufacturer to incorporate a range of ingredients in a formulation.
With the expert product development support and technical guidance you get when you work with a custom premix supplier—from custom blend formulating to ingredient sourcing, evaluation and testing through to the final premix blending—you’ll save time and money and know that your product quality is always on target.
To learn more about our custom premix solution service and what collaborating with Glanbia Nutritionals can offer, download our Custom Nutrient Premix Guide or contact us today.