A $100M1 market, it’s no secret that creatine monohydrate has been a sports nutrition staple for years. An online search will return a wide selection of ready-to-mix powders but are these products providing an adequate amount of creatine? Have shelf stable ready-to-drink beverages containing creatine that perform well been possible to formulate? The answers are no. Current creatine monohydrates lack stability in water and the ability to withstand high heat processing conditions, causing less creatine to stay intact. Now you can achieve improved ready-to-mix and ready-to-drink formulations containing creatine with CreaBev, a soluble and stable creatine monohydrate specially designed for improved beverage performance. CreaBev’s patent-pending encapsulation technology facilitates its enhance stability.
Achieve advanced creatine performance with less degradation. From ready-to-mix to ready-to-drink, your sports nutrition beverage opportunities are endless.
CreaBev’s Ready-to-Mix Powder Beverage Stability
Short Term Stability Results
- Within the first 5 minutes, 98% of creatine monohydrate from CreaBev was present in water showing its superior stability.
- Standard sources of creatine monohydrate are not stable in water with 11% converted to creatinine after only 5 minutes.
More dispersible in water
- CreaBev does not fall out of solution like standard forms of creatine monohydrate.
The most stable form of Creatine Monohydrate
CreaBev’s Neutral pH Ready-to-Drink Beverage Stability
Long Term Stability Results
- 70% of creatine in CreaBev remained stable with only 30% degradation to creatinine after 12 months.
- Standard sources of creatine monohydrate are not stable in water after 12 months. After 3 months ~95% of creatine monohydrate has already been converted to creatinine, with only 5% creatine monohydrate remaining.
Stable at high processing temperatures
- CreaBev does not crystalize (clump) when exposed to Ultra Heat Treatment (UHT) but standard sources of creatine monohydrate do.
CreaBev Shows Positive Sensory Results
Better Than Creatine HCL and Similar to Creatine Monohydrate
- CreaBev and creatine monohydrate had similar sensory results while CreaBev performed significantly better than Creatine HCL.3
- CreaBev was accepted overall by panelists and rated more likely to be purchased.3