Buffalo Jack Mac n' Cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter (plus more for dish greasing)
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Buffalo Jack Cheese
- 5 slices of bacon (+ more... never too much bacon on things)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9"-x-13" baking dish. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy (you're going to mash it up into bits, so you want it crispy enough to make bits!) Set aside and let cool.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium pot over medium. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly add milk to flour mixture, while whisking constantly. Continue whisking until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cheeses until fully melted.
- Mash up your bacon into delicious little bacon bits.
- Fold pasta and crumbled bacon into the cheese mixture and scrape into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving suggestion: If you have some bacon left over, sprinkle on top with chives and bread crumbs to give it a little extra comfort and joy.