Found naturally in chili peppers, capsinoids like CapsiAtra have been shown to have a positive effect on energy expenditure, metabolism and thermogenics with 1000x less pungency than capsaicins. You now have the opportunity to formulate new products that support an increase in resting energy expenditure and metabolism with no side effects. This makes CapsiAtra an ideal solution to support the supplement pill market growing at 1-2% for weight management and 5-6% for sports endurance1.
Experience a superior alternative to capsaicin without the adverse effects. A synthetic dihydrocapsiate similar to capsaicin, CapsiAtra has been shown to support weight management and endurance without the negative side effects of pungency, elevated heart rate, and elevated blood pressure.
CapsiAtra Helps Increase Metabolism for Weight Management
- Increases Resting Energy Expenditure (REE)
- Increases the amount of calories burned by the body under normal resting conditions
- Reduces age related REE slowdown
CapsiAtra Has a Thermogenic Effect on the Body
- Increases fat oxidation
- Provides the ability of the body to burn calories off of stored fat within the body
- Significant reduction in abdominal fat seen in human studies
- Optimizes energy expenditure through fat oxidation and decreased utilization of carbohydrates
- Reduction of anaerobic respiration in favor of aerobic respiration by sparing muscle glycogen stores
- Spares glycogen in the muscle while reducing lactic acid levels
View our video to learn about the market, mechanism of action and the science behind CapsiAtra. Watch now!
Strong Safety Profile
The Benefits of a Capsaicin Without the Pungency2
A study was completed to determine the effect of pungency on taste preference. Mice were given capsiate (like in CapsiAtra), capsaicin (from hot pepper) and water as choices.
- The mice were not averse to the capsiate solution during a 4-h two-bottle choice test.
- The mice rejected the capsaicin solution significantly at concentrations of more than 100 mmol/l.
Causes No Increase in Heart Rate or Blood Pressure3
A study was performed on 12 subjects to determine the potential effects of capsaicin (from hot pepper), capsinoids (from CH-19 sweet pepper like in CapsiAtra) on heart rate and blood pressure.
- There was a significant increase in heart rate and blood pressure after intake of the capsaicin in comparison with the control pepper and capsinoids.
Formulate New Weight Management Products without the Negative Side Effects
Study Shows Positive Results on Energy Expenditure and Metabolism
Improves Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation4
A double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study on 44 people with a BMI >23 was performed. Each were given a mix of capsinoids (like in CapsiAtra) for 28 days.
- Capsinoid intake helps enhance the energy expenditure and fat burning in humans, particularly those with high BMI.
Study Shows Positive Results on Endurance
Helps Increase Endurance2
A study was completed to determine the potential effects on endurance of capsiates. Mice were supplemented with and without capsiate (like in CapsiAtra) (10 mg/kg) and then swam to exhaustion.
- Mice given capsiate were able to swim longer than mice on placebo before exhaustion was reached.
Improves Fat Oxidation For Improved Endurance2
A study on mice was performed which allowed them to rest in a metabolic chamber for 30 minutes where they were administered 10 mg/kg wt of capsiate or the control. One hour after the administration, they were forced to run on the treadmill.
- Fat oxidation was significantly higher at rest and during the running period in the capsiate group than in the control group (P<0.05).
- Carbohydrate oxidation was significantly lower during the running period in the capsiate group than in the control group (P<0.05).
- Increased fat utilization (oxidation) during endurance exercise enables an improvement in endurance capacity, because the increase in fatty acid utilization during exercise spares muscle glycogen.
Less Pungency Provides a More Favorable Sensory Experience
Capsinoids like CapsiAtra activate TRPV1 receptors in the throat and further down the GI tract allowing you to feel the tingle but not the burn.
- Capsaicin activates TRPV1 receptors in the mouth causing a more immediate burning sensation.
- Capsinoids like cannot reach the TRPV1 oral cavity receptors, located slightly below the surface in the mouth, because of structural differences from capsaicin.