Naturally Rich in Health-Supporting Omega-3 ALA and Fiber.
Nutritionally Rich Flaxseed1,2,3
Flaxseed has been consumed for centuries and has been shown to include many natural components that are beneficial to health.
Why Dietary Omega-3 ALA Intake is Important
Supplementation is needed because it cannot be synthesized by the body.
Dietary intake of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids are disproportionate in the modern diet.
- Less omega-3 is being consumed as there is more omega-6 available in the food supply.
- Studies suggest a 2:1-4:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is ideal.4
- Omega-6 and omega-3 compete for space in cell membranes. Higher levels of omega-6 result in less room to store omega-3.5
Why Dietary Fiber Intake is Important
Fiber may play a crucial role in gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health.6,7
The average dietary intake of fiber among North Americans is only half of what has been recommended for good health.8
- Potentially contributing to an increase in health-related issues.
Flaxseed’s Omega-3 ALA & Fiber Health Supporting Properties
A Flaxseed Supplier You can Trust
MeadowPure® sourcing and sorting system protects flaxseed’s natural components from oxidation, preserving nutrition and flavor.
- Allergen controls for items such as gluten
- Provides a 2+ year shelf life
Post-milled MicroSure® Plus heat treatment guarantees ready-to-eat safety. (*not applicable to all flaxseed ingredients)
- Eliminates the chance of microbial introduction after milling.
- Validated with 3rd party 5 log kill step and results in the safest nutritional ingredients in the industry.
- Provides a 2-year shelf life for milled products and 5-year shelf life for whole seeds.
We have a wide variety of flaxseed solutions available to support your beverage and food needs.
Provides great nutrition and improved texture of beverage and creamy food applications such as powdered drink mixes, ready-to-drink beverages, plant-based milk, yogurt, ice cream and dressings without the grittiness found in standard plant-based options.
Provides great nutrition, visible texture and a chewy mouthfeel in bars, granola, no-bake doughs, and cereals.
Provides great nutrition, and enjoyable texture in meat alternatives, bakery, and prepared foods. Excellent binding qualities for egg and gum replacement.
The majority of our flaxseed solutions are Non-GMO Verified. Please inquire for more information.