Naturally rich in health-supporting omega-3 ALA and fiber with excellent clean-label gum and egg replacement or reduction abilities.
Nutritionally Rich Flaxseed1,2,3
Flaxseed has been consumed for centuries and has been shown to include many natural components that are beneficial to health.
Why Dietary Omega-3 ALA Intake is Important
Supplementation is needed because it cannot be synthesized by the body.
Dietary intake of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids are disproportionate in the modern diet.
- Less omega-3 is being consumed as there is more omega-6 available in the food supply.
- Studies suggest a 2:1-4:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is ideal.4
- Omega-6 and omega-3 compete for space in cell membranes. Higher levels of omega-6 result in less room to store omega-3.5
Why Dietary Fiber Intake is Important
Fiber may play a crucial role in gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health.6,7
The average dietary intake of fiber among North Americans is only half of what has been recommended for good health.8
- Potentially contributing to an increase in health-related issues.
Flaxseed’s Omega-3 ALA & Fiber Health Supporting Properties
A Flaxseed Supplier You can Trust
MeadowPure® sourcing and sorting system protects flaxseed’s natural components from oxidation, preserving nutrition and flavor.
- Allergen controls for items such as gluten
- Provides a 2+ year shelf life
Post-milled MicroSure® Plus heat treatment guarantees ready-to-eat safety. (*not applicable to all flaxseed ingredients)
- Eliminates the chance of microbial introduction after milling.
- Validated with 3rd party 5 log kill step and results in the safest nutritional ingredients in the industry.
- Provides a 2-year shelf life for milled products and 5-year shelf life for whole seeds.
We have a wide variety of flaxseed solutions available to support your beverage and food needs.
Provides great nutrition and improved texture of beverage and creamy food applications such as powdered drink mixes, ready-to-drink beverages, plant-based milk, yogurt, ice cream and dressings without the grittiness found in standard plant-based options.
Provides great nutrition, visible texture and a chewy mouthfeel in bars, granola, no-bake doughs, and cereals.
Provides great nutrition, and enjoyable texture in meat alternatives, bakery, and prepared foods. Excellent binding and hydrocolloid properties for clean-label egg and gum replacement or reduction.
- Improved binding and moisture retention
- Increase stability and texture
- Reduces oil uptake
- Superior rollability
- Provides process and yield improvements
- Improved extensibility
The majority of our flaxseed solutions are Non-GMO Verified. Please inquire for more information.
Flaxseed Frequently Asked Questions
Flaxseed is naturally rich in dietary fiber (19-37%), protein (14-23%), oils (36-42%), and above 90% DVs for thiamine, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Dietary omega-3 ALA intake is essential - supplementation is needed because it cannot be synthesized by the body. ALA is only available from plant-based sources. The recommended omega-3 ALA dietary reference intake for males is 1.6 g/day and 1.1 g/day for females.1 Dietary intake of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids are disproportionate in the modern diet. Studies suggest a 2:1-4:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is ideal.2
Dietary fiber intake may play a crucial role in gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health.6,7 The recommended fiber dietary reference intake for males is 38 g/day and 25 g/day for females, over half of the current average dietary intake of fiber among North Americans.8 This is potentially contributing to an increase in health-related issues.