So to get the summer ideas sparked, here is some inspiration from our flavor lab.
- Summer loves pink flavors thanks to cherries, berries and watermelon. You can expand pink by adding combinations with trending flavors such as pink guava and hibiscus.
- Campfire and fairground inspired flavors: smoky, grilled and burnt flavors are hot! Roasted marshmallows and s’mores are a fun addition.
- Imagine the complex flavors of grilled fruit – peaches, pineapple, and watermelon! Make these decadent by adding caramel or balsamic notes. Add some Mexican flair by using grilled mango notes and adding chili peppers and lime.
- Citrus is always strong in the summer, one of the drivers being lemonade’s infinite variety.
- Add spices or herbs such as lemongrass, verbena, rosemary, basil, flavors inspired by Southern European cuisine.
- Add floral notes such as lavender, rose, jasmine, hibiscus and lychee which is a fruit but ever so floral in profile. Be inspired by the beauty from within trend as you play with floral notes.
- Make it unique by picking just one part of the fruit to highlight - orange blossom (for a soft touch), orange zest (for a nice pointy and fresh note).